Sunday, May 4, 2014

Junior Queen: Evyn Mills

This week's queen is my first junior queen, Evyn Mills. I met Evyn in 2013 at a few fashion shows and was amazed at her talent and her presence. For someone so young and still with a whole lot of growing to do she is way ahead of the game. She was nominated and won 2013 POSED Fashion Awards, The rising star award. This year she is also nominated for the 2014 POSED fashion awards Rising Star. This young lady is in sports, dance and pageants and shes not even 15. Watch out Naomi Campbell little miss Mill is going to give you a run for your money.

1. What is your current title? I am the 2013/14 American Royal Beauties Pre-Teen Talent title holder and I just recently won the Jr. Miss Midwest Galaxy Title
2. How did you feel when you were crowned? I was relieved, excited, happy, and I cried a little.  
3. What does being Jr. Miss Midwest Galaxy mean to you? OMG! It means so much because I have competed in other pageants and because I'm so tall for my age and so much taller than the other girls in my age category, I believe I get judged harder; even unfairly sometimes. Midwest Galaxy focuses on model types. So I knew this competition would be a better fit for me and to win it the first time ever competing was just so exciting!  
4. Do you have a platform or charity? I love animals so I will be doing more things and volunteering to help with abused animals and animals that need loving homes. The charity I promote with my other Galaxy sisters is called Hannah's Socks. We collect socks for the homeless and underprivileged children.   
5. How has being a title holder helped your charity/platform? People see how hard I work to be able to compete so they always help any time I ask.  
6. What do you hope to gain by your participation in pageants? College scholarship money and I want to be Miss Universe one day.  
7. Is you family supportive through your journey? OMG yes! My mom is my stylist for all my pageants and she stays up until the wee hours making sure I'm prepared. She also does my makeup and hair. Because of my age, I can't wear much makeup but my mom has just the right touch to keep me looking fresh and young. My dad attends everything I do! I also have lots of my parents friends who also comes to support me also.  
8. How do you balance school and and competition? It's hard but I make sure I do all of my homework right after school and on my breaks when I'm at the dance studio.   
 
9. What other titles have you held? 
• 2004 Tiny Tot Glamour Model
• 2006 Sunburst International Top 5
• 2007 & 2008 AAMTC Cameo Girl and Model of the Year
•2009 Ohio Cinderella Tot and AAMTC Model of the Year
2011 AAMTC Model of the year
2012 Chocolate Girls Ball Winner
2013 American Royal Beauties Talent Winner
2014 Miss American Girl Cover Model and Ohio Pre-Teen Title 
2013 Posed Awards Rising Star award
2014 Jr. Miss Midwest Galaxy

10. Has competing in pageants helped you grow as a person? how so? 
Yes. It has taught me how to do interviews and hold conversations with adults. It has also helped me with public speaking and poise.  

11. Do you watch "Toddlers and Tiaras"? How do you feel about children in pageants?
 Yes. I watch it for entertainment only. Some of those mothers and little girls are CRAZY!

12. I see you are very active, what other activities and/or sports do you participate in? I am a competitive dancer in Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, and Lyrical and I do ballet also.

13. What made you compete in your first pageant? My mom put me in one when I was about 3. She said every time someone picked up a camera I would smile. 

14. How long have you been competing?
Since I was 3 yrs old

15. What was your first title? Glamour Model Toddler at 3 yrs. old


No comments:

Post a Comment